Case Study: Environmental Impact Assessments – Proposed Potash Mine
Atlwest Communications was retained to develop and implement the Public and Indigenous Engagement Program for a proposed potash solution mine near Sedley, SK. Engagement activities associated with this project included the facilitation of face-to-face meetings with Town and RM Councils, Regulators, First Nation & Métis communities and all levels of Government. In addition, Atlwest Communications facilitated public information sessions and learning circles to discuss project details and potential project concerns. Atlwest Communications designed a public engagement website for the proposed project, web-based surveys, questionnaires and reporting for the project.
As an integral part of a multidisciplinary team, Atlwest led the Public and Indigenous Engagement Program for the Environmental Assessment for the proposed project. Atlwest led the following engagement activities:
- Identified key stakeholders for outreach and consultation.
- Held Town and Rural Municipal meetings to seek input of the proposed potash mine.
- Coordinated series of open houses to inform the public of project updates.
- Outreach and engagement with First Nation communities.
- Developed and maintained project website and responded to all incoming questions and concerns.
- Led all Public, Media and Government relations and affairs.
Atlwest helped our client successfully achieve Municipal, Rural Municipal and First Nation community coalitions in support of their proposed project. The project is ongoing.